Sunday, November 20, 2011

Veggie Patch :: Progress Report

I'm delighted, with all the rain we've had in the past couple of weeks, that the tomatoes have doubled in size, the carrots have all popped up and the snow peas are beginning to wind their way up the trellis!


I have tied the tomatoes up to their trellis,






the snow peas are winding up their trellis,


the carrots are popping up all around the paving stone







and so far three pumpkins have sprung from the six seeds I sowed.















Today, as it was such a beautifully warm Sunday afternoon, I spent two hours putting in a whole lot more seedlings ....

... broccoli ...








... cucumbers ....






... spring onions ....




... beetroot ...




... and iceburg lettuces.

















Then I fed the whole patch with Blood & Bone and gave it a long watering.  After about half an hour, when the water had dried off a little, I sprinkled a generous serving of pet-friendly slug & snail pellets.
















So this is how it looks now ....



No comments:

Post a Comment