Sunday, October 29, 2017

Veggie Patch Update



It has only been four weeks, but my veggies have been growing amazingly!


I have been harvesting lettuce leaves for my lunch and dinner every morning for the past three weeks.  So beautifully fresh, crisp and delicious!


The tomatoes have literally gone bananas!!  They are almost a metre tall, with flower buds all over them.


So, this morning I trimmed all the lower leaves and re-staked each plant.


The zucchinis have not only all survived, but are now crowding each other out.



So it was time to re-home some of them to the other side of the peach tree.  It was such a warm and dry day today (about 25 degrees), so they immediately flopped and showed me how unhappy they were with the move.


But I gave them a treat, along with all the other veggies - a delicious dose of veggie feeder!  Then I gave them a lovely long drink of water.


I had noticed that there were also some unexpected pumpkins coming up through the lettuces and tomatoes.  There must have been some pumpkin seeds amongst the compost I had dug into the patch.  So, I re-homed them with the zucchinis.


Then I threaded a soaker hose through the patch, to make it easier to water all these thirsty plants as the weather gradually warms up towards Summer.




It seems my long-held black thumb has turned green at last!




No comments:

Post a Comment