Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Farewell to Tintern Schools

I had the last day of my job at Tintern Schools today.  My role as Co-Curricular Administrator was made redundant, so I have had to finish-up after three years.  I have really enjoyed my time at Tintern and feel I have contributed well to the school.

My office at Tintern


My role was to coordinate all the co-curricular activities of the students and ensure they were all staffed and administered properly and then to create the students' Co-Curricular Reports twice a year.






I was also required to organise all the overseas and interstate trips and tours for the school, which included UK/Paris, China and Central Australia.

It was a very busy job, but I still found time and energy to be part of the Staff Association Committee, run a Well Being Club for the middle school students, Yoga Sessions for the staff, a Glee Club and lunchtime Meditation Sessions for the senior school students.

The Tiwi girls, their elders and me
at the MCG on their last night in Melbourne
One of my most satisfying projects in 2011 was to arrange for a hosted one-week visit to Melbourne by ten students from the Tiwi Islands, along with their teachers and elders.  The girls were quite shy and anxious at the beginning of the week, but by the end they were really enjoying their time here and there were some wonderful relationships developed.


It is sad to be leaving Tintern, but I see it as just another very enjoyable chapter in my life and am ready to turn the page and see what comes in the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment