Monday, October 31, 2011

Home Decoration

I have come back from the US so motivated to decorate my own home to celebrate the seasons and festivals in the way they do there!  Christmas will be my first opportunity, which won't be too difficult as we already have a lot of decorations, but I will ensure that they go up a lot earlier this year!

The next celebration will be the coming of Autumn and I'm gradually preparing for that one with great enthusiasm!  The Amercians put so much effort into celebrating their Fall with pumpkins, harvest fruits & vegetables, wheat sheaths, corn cobs, scarecrows and fall foliage at their doorsteps and on their front porches.  It was just lovely to see the effort they put in - and it was everywhere ...

Sometimes simple ...
... sometimes very ornate ... but always lovely!!
The insides of the houses and buildings are even more beautiful ...

Table decorations ...
... topiaries ...

... mantle pieces ...
... even Disney World was decorated for the Fall!


So, apart from keeping an eye out for some lovely decorating items, I have started on a patchwork Autumn table runner.  I have gathered the fabrics in the colours of the season and now have the wonderful job of putting them all together.



I wonder what the final product will look like?

2 comments: